The information we collect
Our computers, servers or third party programs or software collect the domain names, operating system in use (e.g., Macintosh, Windows) and browser (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox). This information is aggregated and/or analysed to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, etc. The Vale Veterinary Group may use this information to measure the use of our Site and in order to improve the content of the Site.
The information that we ask you for is dependent upon the form that you have chosen to fill out, but generally we will ask you for your name, address, telephone numbers and email address. In addition if you are registering as a client, requesting an appointment or repeat medicines we will also require information about your pet.
You can of course visit and enjoy our website without completing any of the above forms and so without the need to supply any contact information.
Use of personal information
The personal information collected via our website is used as follows:
- In order to provide the service that you have requested
- To deal with your enquiries
- In order to identify current patient’s records and supply repeat medicines if under our care and appropriate
- Administering accounts
- In supplying you with information about our products and services
- To generate anonymous reports about how visitors use our website. This helps us to improve our website and provide information of interest to our visitors.
We will not send you information about our products or services, events or newsletters when you visit our website unless you complete a form asking us to do so. Once you make this request you have the option to opt out at any time by using the ‘ unsubscribe’ link contained with the emails that we send to you or by visiting the website and completing the Sign Up form again but ticking the removal button. We will them remove you from our mailing list.
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate for analytics, marketing and strategic development.
The Vale Veterinary Group will retain the personal information we collect from the website in accordance with our data protection policy.
Our Cookies help:
- make our website work as you’d expect;
- remember your settings during and between visits;
- improve the security/speed of the site;
- allow you to share pages with Facebook;
- collect any personal identifiable information (without your express permission);
- collect any sensitive information (without your express permission);
- pass data to advertising networks;
- pass personally identifiable data to third parties;
- pay sales commissions.
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
- contact form validation to prevent spam e-mails being sent
- tracking anonymous visits to website for statistical purposes
Anonymous visitor statistics cookies
Google analytics places four cookies on your browser (_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz).
To disable Google Analytics, visit this tool – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Turning Cookies Off
To learn how to disable cookies on browsers please click here:
Disclosure of your personal information
We will never disclose your personal information collected via our website unless:
- You have requested a service that involves us having to pass on personal information to a third party such as a supplier/manufacturer of a product
- We need to comply with a legal requirement or request from a competent court, government body, regulator, law enforcement agency or other authority
- If we believe that there has been a violation of the terms, of our rights or the rights of any third party.
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to ask to see the personal information that we hold about you. To obtain a copy please contact us at:
The Vale Veterinary Group
We promise to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that you provide us.
Should you have any questions about the data that we collect or how we use it please contact us.
To view our GDPR policy please click here.